Monday, May 23, 2011

A whirlwind week

The last week (well, officially the last 10 days...) has been absolutely insane.

On Friday the 13th, Bryan came home from an underway and started the final countdown to deployment. We enjoyed our last week together. We celebrated all of our birthdays (Mine and Asher's actually occured, but all of them happen close together) and our 7th wedding anniversary, which happens later this month. We even made a trip to Busch Gardens with some good friends and had a blast. Then it was D-day.

Bryan deployed on May 20th. It was a tough day. Watching him say goodbye to our babies and watching the boat sail away was something that I will never forget. It's so different each time they leave. The emotions run high, but it's always a different set of them. Logistically, I am not worried about the deployment, because I know I can do everything I need to do as a parent without help. It might not be easy, but I know I can do it. Emotionally, I am worried about surviving without him. I know he's still here for me, but it's different when you don't get to see or talk to each other every day.

It's really just hitting me that he's gone, mostly because I was preoccupied by the 1400 mile road trip I made with the kids... by myself. Yeah, you heard me, I'm insane. Right after the ship pulled out, I hit the road and drove 3 days to Texas with the babies to visit the family. It wasn't as bad as I had nightmares of it being, but it wasn't easy either. Day 2 nearly killed me, but I made it with most of my sanity intact. Now I just have a 7 month deployment to survive with my sanity intact!

I am sure I will have many a sad and poignant blog in the months ahead, but today's is just to get my mind emptied out of some of this and to share my beautiful pictures by BLP Photography.

Seriously, let me just take a minute to say, Brittany of BLP Photography is amazing. Not only does she have some serious talent, but she is a wonderful person to work with. She took a nightmare of a day and made us laugh and kept me from losing my mind. She captured some amazing pictures and I am so glad I decided to hire a photographer for D-day.

Oh, and we are famous, we made the news in the Hampton Roads area. It was pretty insane, but pretty cool too. Anyways, I am going to wrap up this rather mish-mashed blog with pictures and the video of our interview. Enjoy and get the tissues, you'll probably need them.


Here's the video of us on the news

And here are some of the pictures. Prepare to cry.
















No comments:

Post a Comment