Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I suck at life, but I'm wicked cool

Okay, so that's a bit misleading. I don't suck at life (most of the time) but I do suck at blogging.

2011 was a bit of a crapshoot. Deployment really sucks the life out of me, and then add in two children (my precious little terrors), a new puppy (what was I thinking?), and a lot of illness and injury (mostly my own!) and you can see why I haven't written much.

It's a new year now. 2011 is history. 2012 is finally here. It hold the promise of greatness. I am ready.

It started off right, margaritas and homecoming sign making. Does it get much better? Well... technically, it totally does, but for me, it was a pretty good way to start. Minutes after the ball dropped I stepped outside to do something I shouldn't do, but while I was out there, I saw a shooting star. I felt like I was a little girl, but I made a wish. I know it will come true.

Deployment is almost over. {pause} HAPPY DANCE {un-pause} and with that, comes a whole lot of happiness.

My kids are flourishing, although I really don't know how being as I am barely keeping my head above water. I am lucky, I guess, that I have very intelligent and adaptable children. We got a dog, Duke, who is a 9 month old Scottish Deerhound. Basically, we now own a small horse. Not much else to say other than I'm going to write a bit every day now. I know I need to do something, for me, which is what this is. If anyone else reads it, then yea

Other big news is that I got a DSLR camera (being as this is supposed to be a "snapshot" blog...) so here's some of my favorite pictures from the last few months.

Abby Kate and Daddy doll at Asher's school play

Asher (in the middle) the cutest cow on Earth

So, I went a little overboard for Christmas...

Christmas morning, before we went downstairs

Asher in his safety goggles

Abby Kate testing out the baby doll's pack n play

Asher, modeling a new outfit

Asher and Duke (I told you, he's a horse...)

My boys

Possum grin!

Cutie pie

The play room/dining room, post Christmas haul

Duke Fergus Plunk

Me smooching my baby boy

"I was born Awesome"

Baby pedicure

Piggie Paint rocks!

Naked baby butt

My little trend setter

Aww, they love each other!

My Duke

Cutie pies

My little fashionista with her jammies and tutu look

Love this face

Aquarium

Checking out the fist

Turtle!

Shark!

Playing in the "submarine"

"Fire the Missiles!"

Touch tank

Coolest picture!

GEAUX SAINTS!

Love Abby Kate's face!

More sibling love

And there you have it, my first blog of the new year, and a new start on this blogging business... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment