Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Itty bitty pity party

I'm having a tiny pity party tonight.

First off, let me say, that I really didn't have a bad day. I spent the morning and the evening in the company of one of my very best friends and she fed me breakfast and dinner (yea for no cooking!) I also got to talk to my husband and I even made reservations for our post deployment vacation and ended up saving about $300 on it! So, over all, it was a pretty nice day.

Tonight, however, I'm feeling frustrated and pitiful.

I have two broken feet. Well, technically, I have one broken foot and one hurt foot, but same difference. A few months back (yes, months, as in plural) I managed to step into one of those God-forsaken bead wire thingies and twisted and damaged the tendons on the bottom of my left foot. I was told that until I had 2-3 weeks of rest, I would be in pain and should be in a boot. This is hilarious, really, because my husband is deployed half way around the world and I have two small and precocious children. Rest, ha. Showering daily is a challenge, let's be realistic. I'll rest when I'm dead, for now, I'll just suffer the hurt foot.

As if that wasn't enough, I go and get my pinky toe broken, dislocated, and the adjoining bone fractured on my right foot. This is a good story. Duke did it. Yeah, my horse dog broke my darn foot. He was just jumping around being an excited puppy, (which he rarely does, actually) and his foot somehow caught my toe and it ended up all hanging off the side of my foot in a funky angle. This was on Christmas Eve. After the worlds fastest ER trip in history, I get saddled with ANOTHER boot and crutches. Yeah, right people. Crutches??? I'm a mom of a toddler and a preschooler with no husband around. Ha.

Today both my feet are so swollen that even socks kinda hurt. That's why I'm pitiful. I hate being injured and in pain and I hate that my house is a mess! So there it is. A very lamenting blog post because I needed to get it off my chest. Oh, and here is a picture of my pitiful feet. They were once skinny and pretty, now... not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment